hello, I am now the chief mischief officer of our house
Dad is working hard on turning us into Irish fans.
Kate hanging out with her favorite cousins. Ever since she set eyes on them with their hair in a knot towards the side, she has been asking to wear her hair "in a bun on the side betowards (?) Katie and Jenny."
Snuggled in for our 2 day/14 hour drive to vacation in the UP of Michigan. Looks cozy first hour in - not so peachy 8 hours in.
I was none too pleased to be stuck facing backwards with no entertainment. My screaming convinced mom and dad to turn my seat around. Much better, but I hate being constrained for 2 seconds so 14 hours did me in. Kate kept herself entertained with movies and apps on the iPad. We hardly heard a peep from her. Made me look bad.
Cocktails at Muncle Bill's and Aunt Diane's
I'm very sad because Katie is leaving just a day after I got here. Boo hoo.
Checking this place out.
Daddy and Kate rediscovering the beach.
Early morning walks.
BerBer thinks Munising is heaven.
Kate spent lots of time painting rocks
Manicures with Junie. Kate loves having her nails painted and giving manicures. Daddy's toe nail is still painted blue from his pedicure by Kate.
I'm getting in on the pedis too.
Catching up on the news with Junie.
Kate calls this the "lap of luxury" which she correctly adapted from Miss Hannigan.
I spent lots of time digging in the sand. I tasted some too.
Making drip castles with Gramdaddy.
Muncle Bill made a sand airplane for us.
kate logged many flight hours in the sand plane.
Kate flew Mommy and me to Kansas City.
More fun with Muncle Bill and Jenny. I love them so much. I'm still asking about where they are.
Ride on your rocking horse.
We made Libby a gluten-free birthday cake.
Kate loves baking and cooking
stirring and helping
Aunt Libby is here!!! We missed her so much.
Mimi and Libby brought us each our own rocking chair and paddle from camp. Yay!
Family meal with Meggie, DeeDee and Cousin Robbie.
Making nature art with Mimi
Robbie and I missed Mimi so much all summer. We did a lot of growing while she was at camp.
More digging. I love spoons, sticks, shovels, hammers - any form of round stick to hold
Robbie loved swimming. I thought it was a little chilly.
So I checked out Mimi instead.
Robbie and Kate making sand cakes with Jenny.
Worn out.
The three Robert S. Dixes.
Mimi and Kate had fun spoiling the RSD photo shoot
Junie joined in too
Libby, Aunt Diane and Meggie - the fun team
The young Dix family
Rascaling around with Mimi
Robbie and I had lots to do. We are very busy.
Day of beauty with Mimi
Mud mask
Well, we had a very fun vacation in Michigan for two weeks. Once I got over the long drive in my car seat that i hate, I had the best time exploring the cabin, the beach, digging, eating sand, playing with Robbie, Kate, my mom and dad, Mimi, Gramdaddy, Libby, Junie, DeeDee, Meggie and all of my cousins and great aunts and uncles. I have a knack for finding all of the dangerous hazards wherever I am. I love to climb yet have no fear of falling. I'm cruising around the furniture. It seems like my mom or someone is always redirecting me and I don't like it. I've gotten very good at screaming and flailing so that they can't hold me when I don't appreciate the interruption just as I'm getting into something really good. I figured out how to sign for milk. I also figured out that i can get some mom time if I do the milk sign so perhaps I am overusing it. They seem to think its cute and give in. I am starting to wave goodbye, point at lots of things, babble mama, dada and ba (for bernie). I'm confused about whether I'm supposed to call my sister Kate or Wendy or Annie so I just smile and belly laugh at her. She loves to give me hugs but sometimes they are a little smothering. I just want to do everything she is doing, but sometimes she says I am bothering her. Sad. I eat everything now and am pretty good at feeding myself. I even figured out how to sip from a straw. I love water. i get really excited when I see mom filling up her water glass and just have to dive for the glass so I can have a taste. I was sleeping and eating perfectly well until I got sick. I haven't had so much as even a diaper rash, but I've been sick with a cough, fever, hives, rash and gross runny nose for almost two weeks. It hasn't been fun but I'm on the mend.
Kate loved spending time with all of our older cousins - Katie, Jenny, Amy, Christy and Brian - in Michigan. She's been asking every day to wear her hair in a side bun betowards Katie and Jenny. She pretends to chew and says she is chewing gummy bears (gum) like Amy was on the beach. Kate had the best time playing on the beach, making sand cakes with Jenny and Amy, playing hide and seek and just hanging out with the cool girls. She asks about Katie and Jenny all the time and wonders when they can come over. Muncle Bill was quite entertaining too. She was very excited to see Mimi and Libby after they were at camp all summer. She told Mimi, "I was looking for you everywhere in Kansas City and I couldn't find you. And I found you here and I love you so much." Kate did not like the boating - daddy drove too fast for her even though we were barely cruising. She is not daring. I fell asleep immediately. It is not possible to stay awake in a life vest with a whirring motor gently bouncing over waves. We are all settling into our permanent Peter Pan characters as directed by Wendy. Kate is in character at all times - even in the middle of the night when she calls out to mom and dad. They say "go back to sleep Kate' and she screams back "No Mrs. Darling! I'm Wendy!!" She absorbs every detail about people and can imitate with impressive precision. Wendy is also very adamant about demonstrating her independence and ability to do things on her own, which means we hear lots of whining when her plans don't go just so. She moves at a very leisurely pace when getting dressed and eating. She rethinks every choice - unless of course she is able to wear her Wendy dress - and does not want help. Needless to say, getting anywhere in a hurry is not fun.



No comments:
Post a Comment