Monday, September 3, 2012

2 years & 7 months

 Here's the haul from Kate and Mommy's garden - 6 green beans
 4th of July - Kate and Olivia got to ride in the wagon together in the parade.
 Heading to the parade
 Checking out the flags with Dad

 Kate was a little timid at first, but finally had fun in the bounce house
 and even got the courage to go down the water slide
 I wanted to get in that bounce house immediately. They wouldn't let me. So I just had to watch Kate and laugh.
 Watching is not nearly as fun as bouncing, but i'm a good sport.

 Kate' favorite part of the pool party was dancing with her blue cupcake.
Grocery shopping. I take my driving seriously.
 
 We have a lot more fun with cousin Max than our faces show. 
 Kate got to go to work with Daddy
 Happy Birthday Dad! I don't want you to turn a year older.
 Sharing cake with Dude
 Kate was Angelina Ballerina at ballet class
 Kate is ready for her first golf outing
 Golfing with Uncle DeeDee, Daddy and Gramdaddy.
 Kate and Mama had a picnic dinner in the cart.
 Driving the cart is obviously the most fun part of golf
 Kate loved her pink ball. Daddy hit it into the water and that was not very nice. Luckily Titi had a few back up pink balls.
 Kate's favorite destination - though she does love Dude more than Peachwave.
 Brooke is in town! Kate got to go on a big outing to see Peter Pan at Starlight. 

 Take a last look at Kate - she has been Wendy ever since.
 Peter Pan
 Loving every second of the show - the best was when Peter Pan flew over Kate and sprinkled fairy dust 
 Pedis at Hoopla with the girls

 Kate loved to give Brooke ponytails
 Kate having her first taste of the peach popsicles she and Brooke made with the popsicle-make Brooke brought. 
 Finally, I got to tag along on an adventure...we went to little Freshie for snow cones. I was loving every bite.
 I got to go for a swim with Daddy too.

 Kate loving her watermelon basil snowcone at Little Freshie


 And a pick-me up coffee with Mama. Notice Kate is still wearing her "wendy dress" 2 days later.
 More popsicle sampling
 Special visit to Peachwave with Titi and Dude

 Sunny came over to play 
 Kate ordering dinner for us
 Working on my reading
I had the best time finger - or body -painting with Heather 
 We love our days with Heather
 Kate loves to hold me and give me hugs. I appreciate the thought not the execution.

Kate reading her other favorite story. 

I've been very busy. I've gone from a sweet little mama's boy to a very active investigator. Crawling has opened up lots of excitement. My favorite is beelining to Bernie's water bowl and food. Opening cabinet doors, climbing up the stairs. I love being chased. I love to follow Kate around everywhere. Of course, pulling up on tables and pulling off everything I can reach.  My high chair is a little confining so if the food is not coming fast enough and somebody forgot to strap me in, then I'll just climb out of the chair and on to the table. My mom does not like this and she has not forgotten to strap me in many times since. I love all my food, especially fruit, sweet potatoes, zucchini and meat. Bernie is especially interested in me now.  I'm not very good at chewing yet. I sleep well except I still like a snack at 4:30 am or a little snuggle time with mom.  I've been very busy seeing lots of new things like the fourth of July, going on lots of walks, swimming, tasting new things - like gourmet snow cones - yes, please. Playing with friends. I love watching Kate. She makes me laugh so hard. 

We had a very exciting visits from Tricia and Brooke! Kate got to go on lots of girls outings for dinners, theater, pedis, coffees and brunches.  Kate - or should I say Wendy or Annie - she says Miss Hannigan came and threw away the Kate and now she is just Annie or Wendy depending on the day.  She will only wear Wendy dresses. We had to get some nightgowns because Wendy does not wear pajamas to bed.  I am now Michael and cousin Robbie is John. Bernie is Nana, of course. Mom and Dad are Mr. & Mrs. Darling. Nobody can be Captain Hook or Tic Toc because they are too scary.  

No comments:

Post a Comment