Sunday, July 1, 2012

2.5 year and 6 months old

 Mimi and Libby gave "Annie" a very special locket with their pictures in it before they went to camp. She is rarely without it. 
 I look like I am not enjoying this nice Memorial Day bbq with my cousin Robbie and my family, but my eyes are just light sensitive.
 That's better
 Just hanging out with my sis
 this is the "balicious" face Kate makes when she gets ice cream
 Kate playing (or bossing?) with her best friend Wy in the pool
 taking a breather
 Mom, can we work on my look? not quite as cool as dad.
 Kate and I painted some fathers day gifts. One footprint and I was done. Kate worked a little harder.
 Swinging at the park. Now that is something I think is very fun.
 I've got the hang of this eating off a spoon thing. 
 We got a fancy new pool mat. It was lots of fun, but Dad wasn't happy about the grass.
 I've graduated to the big tub. Way more fun.
 Bandit out to dinner. I do not sit still for 2 seconds and prefer to leap on to tables than sit in my high chair.
 Making my fathers day gift. Piece of cake. and he loved it. 
 Mrs. Potato head teaching me a few things. 
 Flower girls in waiting.
 I can do this for hours. 
 Just taking a rest 
 Flower girl picnic
 Kate was a flower girl in Uncle Jamey & Aunt Julie's wedding. She took her job very seriously and had so much fun with Grace and Emma
 They did lots of practicing
 In fact laps around the church running and giggling
 I got to go to the rehearsal dinner
 Kate thoroughly enjoyed sampling every dessert.
 Is that water?
 Flower girl prep


 Ready for the wedding
 Flower girls
 Flower girl Kate and Mama. Its 2:59. Wedding starts at 3. C'mon Aunt Julie!
 Being a flower girl is exhausting

 Well this isn't very comfortable.
 Time to party
One more pic and they're done.
 Who is this beautiful lady?
 Uncle Jamey & Aunt Julie!
 I was fast asleep, but Kate got to come up for some dancing
 With uncle Ricky
 Kate had some catching up to do

 Done with those shoes
 Aunt Julie was so excited to see Kate on the dance floor
 And so was Kate
 This is the real deal...not just dancing in the living room
Smile says it all



Robbie and I showed off our new crawling moves at brunch. 

I'm 6 months now and I am very busy. As you can see, I am just about crawling. I can't be left alone for 2 seconds or I am into all kinds of mischief - dumping over trash cans, opening cabinets, scooting out of the room, pulling plates or trays off tables. I grab and dive for everything I want. its quite exciting. Kate is absolutely hilarious. I love to laugh at her and listen to all the things she has to tell me. Actually every  moment of every day is pretty exciting when I'm discovering a whole new world.  I love playing with cousin Robbie. When we see each other our faces light up and we race to each other as fast as we can. It usually ends up in some face pats or a hair pull but we're learning how to be gentle. I've started eating real food now. I like everything for the most part. The first bite tastes like poison, but after a few tries I like it - sweet potatoes, carrots, zucchini and fruit are my favorites so far. I still love to nurse more than anything. I get really excited about that.  I have four teeth. 

Kate is a character. We can hardly keep straight who she is. Her full name is Fancy Nancy- Annie-Ruby - Jezebel - Sally.  Just don't call her Kate. She says she is taking a break from that name for a while and she would just like to be called Annie. She introduces herself as Annie, wears her special locket at all times and wears Sandy out rehearsing the dog-catcher and policeman scenes.  Then she likes to hang from the fence and pretend to be rescued by punjab.  Being a flower girl in Jamey and Julie's wedding was another dramatic highlight. She took the job very seriously. Other than drama, she has been going to school, ballet class, on specially adventures with Daddy, the pool. She can do everything by herself - don't even try to help, and don't say good job until the task is complete. You will get in trouble for this.  Whining. Tantrums. Deep breaths. 

No comments:

Post a Comment