Saturday, May 19, 2012

2 yrs and 5 months

 'Annie' and 'Sandy' taking a rest from rehearsing the dog-catcher scene.
 just watching mom cook.  i'm so happy to have graduated to sitting upright.

 I love jumping and being in the middle of the action.
 Take a good look, this is the last of my crazy newborn hairdo
 And here is my big boy haircut
I'm finally big enough to have some fun with my sister. 
 I think she is so funny. I light up and laugh when i hear her coming or see her. 
 She loves being my big sister. Sometimes she squeezes me a little too tight. 
 Kate needed a picture with her baby too. 


 A quick kiss before going off to paint.
 Heather had a great idea to see if Kate could paint with her feet.
 She could! And it was so much fun. I even tried too.
 Mom thought it looked like so much fun that she had to try too. 
 Kate learned how to make orange too.
 Big news, Kate is officially a big girl. Check out those big girl underwear pants.
 Having picnic with Aunt Lib, mom and Kate
 on a beautiful saturday afternoon
 Lib and Kate went on an adventure 

 I want that banana
 time to go
 Mimi took us to see the puppies. I thought they were kind of crazy.
 Riding to dinner in the pram. Good thing Kate is holding me tight. No safety straps in this rig.
 But it sure makes for a nice bed on the way home from dinner
 Kate loves to paint. Every picture ends up a brown rainbow.
 Finally, I got to try some food. I mashed my banana to oblivion but didn't put a bite in my mouth.
 Mothers Day sandwich with cousin Robbie
 Kate was in her own world - Dude and ice cream, two of her favorites.
 I got to hang out with aunt car car and give my baby cousin a few pats and kicks.
 Happy Mothers day Titi
 Robbie and I are having so much fun playing together now.
Kate and Mama planted some vegetables. Kate is working very hard to keep the seeds well watered. 


Well, we are 5 months now (or two -years and 5 months if you're a big sister) and daily life is getting much more exciting for me. I can sit up now. I grab everything in sight. I love flapping noisy things around. I'm having lots of play dates, going to music class and talking a lot.  I got to mash up a banana but I haven't tried solid food yet.  Kate keeps me so entertained. When I hear her voice for the first time in the morning, i perk up and look around for her. When I see her, I break into the biggest smile and then squeal and laugh at her. She gives me a big hug and says "oh hello Jackie, did you have a good rest?" Sometimes I bug her when I touch her things or grab her hair. This is just the beginning.
Kate has been doing a lot of growing up lately. She doesn't wear diapers anymore. She seems so old all of a sudden. She comes home reciting all kinds of songs she learned at school, role playing Annie most of the day, chatting about things with mom and dad like a mini 20-yr old.  Then she'll have a meltdown on the floor over nothing and we're reminded she's 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment