Thursday, June 30, 2011

18 Months

 It's the 4th of July! Got my wagon ready for the parade.
 But I don't want to ride in my wagon.
 Socializing and finding the treat table
 Ready to walk in the parade.
 Thanks for the lift Dad
 Now that the parade is over, I like my wagon
 and I don't want to get out
 fading
 I'm really interested in walking down the driveway and into the street. It's not good.
Finally home, that was a long, hot parade.
 Happy 4th of July mama
 This is my new favorite seat for baby and me.





 On my way to camp Ogichi Daa Kwe to visit Mimi, Libby and all the girls. 
 Making sure my baby is buckled in tight.  We were very good travelers. 
 LIB-BY!! I was so excited to see Libby and Mimi. 
 My favorite part of camp was eating meals at the big table with Mimi, Libby, Peggy, Jenny, Katie, Evan and all the girls.
 Peggy and Evan were such good cooks that I had to give Mimi a taste.
 Aunt Libby makes me laugh so loud. I've missed her. But we skype and talk on the phone and I talk about Libby and Mimi every day. 
 We're the three Kathryns
 Katie helped me go up the path to see the new cabins. It was way too long and steep for me.
 Walking down the road. I had a collection of very special gravel rocks.
 Luckily Tyler and Carly picked me up in the Rhino so I didn't have to walk any further.
 Then they taught me how to ring the bell for lunch. 
 Tyler gave me her beads and we found a dog on the beach. 
 I think I like camp.
 Helping rig the sail boats.
 On a misison. There's a lot of work to do at camp.
 Isn't camp fun, mama?!
 My favorite - eating with all the guys.
I quickly made friends with Sarah. I gave her lots of high-fives and she taught me how to pound. Jenny is next to us and luckily she was there because she checked my ears each day for ear infections.  I think I can be a nurse too. I just found a lotion pump in Mimi's bathroom and stuck it in my ear to see if I had any infections. Easy.
 This is my view at meals. I love eating with everyone.
 Smelling flowers and collecting some more special gravel rocks.
 I discovered that I love running at camp. 
 And I love sand.
 Helping Libby deliver FedEx packages.
 Mimi taking me down to the beach for a boat ride. 
 I taught my baby how to play in the sand.
 I like boat rides. I hate life jackets.
 And I do like driving. Now I think I can drive anything. 
 Going to get the buoys for the boat. 
 Helping Sarah and Mary Ann make signs for the juice bar. 
 I couldn't ever wait to get into my chair for meals and snacks. 
 Once I saw that Mimi rings the bell at the end of every meal for announcements, I quickly took over bell ringing duties.  Mimi gets their attention with one ring, but I thought 27 rings would be just a little better. 
 The pantry - there's good stuff in here. 
This is Evan and Peggy - the very excellent cooks. I befriended them immediately. Well, I took a little while to warm up to Evan because he's a boy and he has a scratchy face and he put some hot sauce in the noodles that I didn't like, but he made up for it with special order grilled cheeses. Everytime I was hungry, I would say Peg-gy. She would always give me a tasty snack - especially blueberries and ice - and even let me pick what I wanted out of the pantry.


Having breakfast with Mimi in our purples before we have to catch our plane. You should have seen the seat after I left - just a little salty.  I had the greatest time at camp. I wanted to stay forever. Mimi asked me if I was ready to be a "Chickadee" and I said I would be a "Chick-ie" till I get a little bigger. La loo Mimi and Libby and Ogichi.

Now I'm back home and its not quite as exciting to eat at a table of one. But I find ways to make it interesting. I spill my milk and then clean it up over and over and over again. BerBer tries to help me clean up too, but I tell him 'no-no-no-no-no' 'down'. Then I let him lick my fingers and laugh.

Having a moment with Christian on the sprinkler pad at the lake.

Beth had us out to the lake - thanks Beth! I had lots of fun with Christian, Cooper and Dylan. I was injury prone that day. I climbed up on a patio chair and then fell right off onto the brick. I had a nice big black eye for a week.



Wy and me on a stick hunt.

Don't I look old? I'm a real girl now at 18 months. It's a good thing I'm all growed up since I'm going to be a big sister when I turn 2. I love babies, but I'm still really confused about what dada is saying when he tells me there's a baby in mama's tummy. I don't see it anywhere. I'm reaching into my play-doh to make snakes in this picture. I finally have my colors straightened out. I thought everything was 'lellow' for a while but now I know which things are red, blue, pink, purple, orange and green. And I like to tell you what color everything I see is. I'm very independent these days. I still answer "no" to just about every question. I know exactly what I would like to be doing at every moment and don't appreciate it when mama has a different idea. When I want you to come with me, I just say 'c'mon' and wave my arm. I've been very busy going swimming, to music class, to art class, the park, the zoo, the farm, up to camp, out to the lake, on lunch dates and dinner dates. I imitate everything anyone says - so be careful what you say. I can say a hundred words now I think, but I don't know how to make them all go together so I walk around talking and reading in jibberish. I'll have it figured out soon.  I have turned into a big climber now. I love to climb up on the big living room chair and yell for dada to come tickle me for climbing all the way up there. I also like to run now and I like to say 'running' as I'm running to make sure you know what i'm doing. I love playing with little bottles and caps and mama's wallet. She really appreciates all of my organizational help in the bathroom and in her purse. I started doing an annoying uh,uh,uh,uh anytime I needed help, but now I learned how to say "hep peas" and it is much more pleasant.  I'm very good at please and thank you.  I find 'peas' works really well when I'm not getting what I want. Mama always gives in when I ask nicely. I give really good running hugs, kisses and "lav loos".

No comments:

Post a Comment