Monday, June 6, 2011

17 months


 Lulu took us to the park. Wy and I loved the helicopter.
When it was time to go, I ran off and had one last ride on the choo choo.
 I'm really into gardening now. Sometimes its the only thing I want to do. 
Looks like I have a dirty face, but I got a bad bruise on my cheek. 
 I dig the dirt out of the pot and throw it on the ground. It's making the flowers grow very nicely.
 More digging. 
 Libby came over to say goodbye to me before she went to camp. I got one last wagon ride, but I was really thirsty. This is how I say I want some water. 
 Even though Lib-by is up at camp for a long time, I still talk about her every day. I can say her name perfectly. 
 I think I can walk down the stairs and I like to attempt it every time mom and dad turn their head so I had to help grandaddy install a safety gate.  I learned all about drills and screw drivers and was very helpful at holding all the small pieces. 
 I was pushing Wy on the car until I got distracted by the bar. 
 Trying to cut BerBer's toe nails. He's not too sure about my grooming techniques.
 This is how I say I want "more" snacks...or more of anything I like actually - like massages, songs, books, playing with the camera. I also got a little confused because "more" sounds exactly like "mower". I kept giving Mimi the "more" sign but when she tried to give me more of my dinner I kept turning my head and saying "no". Luckily Mimi heard the lawnmower outside and figured out just what I was trying to say.
 Bananas are back to being a favorite. 
 I continue to be very helpful around the house. sweeping is one my best activities. 

 Aunt Jun is back from Paris! I was so excited to see her and she brought me a book all about Paris, but I have to learn french first before I can read it. 
 It's been in the 90s all week - too hot for clothes. The flowers need lots of water and I've been busy making sure they have plenty to drink.
 It was so hot I had to actually get in the water table. Splashing was not doing the trick. 
 Mom said I had to sit down though.
 Now I'm happy and cool. 
 Aunt Lisa came in town to help Titi with her broken shoulder. She brought me a sprinkler!! Aunt CarCar had to show me how to run through. She ran through in her clothes with me. 
 And I loved it!
 Trying it on my own now.
Reading my favorite book with Titi and Aunt Lisa.

I'm 17 months old now and I'm becoming very independent - or so I think.  I would like to do just what I would like to do when I want to do it.  I'm really good at answering questions about whether or not I would like to do something, such as take a bath, go home, go night-night, change my diaper. My standard answer is a quiet but emphatic "no" with two head shakes. I'm talking more and more and more and try to imitate everything my mom and dad say. I also try to join in the adult conversations when I hear some words I know.  I'm very scared of "nun-der" and we have had lots of storms lately. Mimi taught me how to say "away nun-der' and that makes me feel better. I also like to tell BerBer and Dada "away" too when they are bugging me.  I'm so happy its warm out now and I can get into the garden and water table. We still go on lots of walks but it takes us forever to get around one block because I am too old for a stroller and prefer to walk the entire way myself and BerBer gets so hot he has to stop to lay down at every house. Wy and I have been going to the park a lot and having fun at music class. We're finally down to one afternoon nap so we have lots more time to do fun things in the morning. Oh, and the pool is finally open. I love it! I walk around in the baby pool laughing and squealing in delight. I also say "la loo" to my mom and dad and they give me a big hug and say Love you too potato.

No comments:

Post a Comment