Sunday, January 30, 2011

12- 13 Months Old

 This is what i looked like when i turned 1.  And a few of my favorite things: my pretend and real dog, my books, my baby and playing with my mom and dad. I'm wearing my KCE jumper that Wyatt gave me for my birthday. Wyatt and his mom handmade it just for me.  












 I can walk! I took my first few steps on Christmas Day. Ready to play in the snow.
 I'm a pretty good eater, but when my mom isn't looking I slip the things I don't like off my tray for Bernie. He loves everything. 

This is my sign for All done! 
I went to Chicago for New Years and stayed with Aunt Meg and Uncle Stephen. 
 They knew just what I would like - a book of pictures! I studied every picture very carefully for many days.
 I stayed with Cousin Crilly too. She looks just like Bernie. Crilly was very sweet and gentle with me. I shared my Cheerios with her. 
 I spent New Year's Eve with Henry, Trish, Matt, Edmee, Patty and Ryan.  I only made it until 8:00, but from the looks of it my mom and dad had a very good time.  I slept right through it all and was fresh at 5:00 am to ring in the new year. 
 I loved Patty's shoes
 Happy New Year!
 A little game of New Years Day peek a boo
 I spent New Years day with the McCarthy cousins. Uncle Stephen has room for both me and Connor in his big arms. 
 MMMM! My first popsicle. I've never tasted anything so good. 
 Tommy was so sweet to me. He helped me ride the fire engine all over, shared his snacks and all of his toys. It was so much fun. I gave him a kiss at the end of the night. 
 I had a busy social schedule. Here I am with Grace. We had so much fun playing with our babies together. She has a kitchen and baby stroller and lots of fun things. 
 Grace was so sweet to me. I don't know much about sharing yet, but Grace is very good at it. 
 I am a great momma. I make sure my baby is well fed. 
 My friend Annie came over to have lunch with me. It was so good to see her!
 Showing my baby how to do a puzzle. 
 I spend a lot of time sitting in my push cart
 Here I am in my Christmas dress in my favorite rocker at Grammie and Grandaddy's house. It's just my size. 
 I love to look at Christmas cards all the time. How did everyone know to send me pictures of dogs and babies, my two favorite things! I hold the ones I like very carefully and toss the rest on the floor.
 I am quite obsessed with pictures. Looking at some more on Christmas Eve.
My legs finally grew just enough to drive my princess cart around. I love it, especially the horn. 
 Filling Trina in on what I asked for from Santa and studying her jewels too. I love jewels.
 It's Christmas! Where did all these presents come from? I found my mom's jewels and wore them all day long. I was so pretty.
 I've been very busy since I turned 1. I took my first steps on Christmas Day. I'm getting more confident each day, but walking is risky. I'm really good at going down the stairs backwards. I'm talking up a storm and signing away. I have added spoon, socks, shoes, grapes, cheese, car, coat, shirt, keys and several other words to my verbal repertoire. And I can say my name! I point to myself when I hear "kate". I'm very proficient at signing and use it quite often. I can sign hungry, milk, cheese, please, more, all done, bye bye and I don't know. What else do you need to know? I'll tell you what a lion says and what a fish does. Dogs and babies are still my favorites. I also love little bottles. I spend lots of time putting caps on and off.  I had my first ear infection and a really high fever. I was not myself for a week, but I'm feeling much better now.  I am a really good kisser. I even kiss my bath water bye bye as its going down the drain.  I also like to make my mom and dad kiss and then I give a little laugh. It makes me really happy. I make sure my mom, dad and Bernie are well fed and make sure my mom is drinking plenty of water just they way they make me eat and drink. I love to read books all the time.  My favorites are Goodnight Moon, Pat the Bunny, Spot, Goodnight Sleepyhead and Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes.  I give my hungry sign when I read the Hungry Caterpillar, roar when I see a lion, open and close my mouth for a fish, point out all the dogs and give lots of kisses. Paul from Pat the Bunny taught me how to smell. My mom thought that was over my head so she skipped the page but I knew what to do. And now when I hear the word smell I lean in for a good sniff.  My favorite foods are sweet potatoes, grapes, kiwi, bananas, yogurt and cheese. When I get something hot on my tray, I say 'haaa', test the temperature with the back of my hand, and then give it a few blows to cool it off.  I am quite skilled with my fork now too.  I understand way more than my mom and dad think I do. I amaze them all the time they say.  They think I am so much fun...and yah, I am. 



No comments:

Post a Comment