Bernie, let's go on a walk
Bernie, let's go!
We're not getting very far
I'll feed him Cherrios instead
Bernie ate all my Cherrios
Aha, my favorite rocking chair.
I'm so good at rocking in my chair that sometimes I like to try it standing.
Gram is here!
I gave her a lots of finger cheers
A four-generation finger cheer
Playing peekaboo with the salad spinner instead of eating my dinner
Rearraging the CD cabinet for mom. I like to rearrange at least six cabinets a day. What would mom do without all my organizing help?
Ha! My rearranging looks great!
All empty!
Aloha Linds!
There is so much to see and do here, but first I have to learn about ice cubes.
Taking a quick break from swimming to look at a picture.
I love swimming. I like to put my face in, float on my back, dance on the side of the pool and then jump in. I also like to go around and say hi to everyone.
I finally saw my first real fish! I've been reading about them and doing my fish mouth and now I saw some real ones.
Getting a closer look at the fish. I could just watch them for hours. I spent a lot of time at the coy pond.
Check out the view!
Oosh. I learned so many new words this week. Ocean was a favorite.
Eric tried to teach Wyatt and me how to juggle. We couldn't do it.
Wyatt and I liked to wake up at 3 in the morning so we could have plenty of time to prepare for the sunrise. We liked to go on walks to the hotel in the dark so we wouldn't wake up everyone else.
Here's the beach. Do not let my toes touch the sand!!
My mom was really excited to show me the beach, but I didn't like it much at first.
These big waves are terrifying. I held on tight.
I look like I'm smiling here with Wyatt, but I am actually hating that my feet are touching the grass. My short little memory doesn't remember what summer was like.
Wyatt and me having lunch with our moms and Trina. I had my first grilled cheese and loved every bite.
Trina and me looking for whales. They were everywhere.
What a view!
Wyatt and his mom having lunch.
Ready to swim again.
I never want to get out of the pool.
Wyatt loves swimming as much as I do. We had fun splashing each other.
This is "Doo"
All the big kids went out for a nice dinner. Wyatt and I stayed home.
Another sunrise. We saw them all.
As soon as the sun comes up, Wyatt and I liked to get right to playing at our water station.
Brushing my pony's hair.
Wyatt and I loved splashing our toys in the water. It kept us busy for hours.
Yay! This is the life.
Taking my ball to throw it in the hot tub. Wyatt is really good at throwing.
Spending some time getting used to the grass.
Uh oh, 8:00 am - nap time.
Doodie and me looking for birds. I thought they were hilarious.
I learned how to put sunscreen on and made sure everyone was well lotioned on their legs.
Here's Wyatt's with his mom and dad
And here's me with my mom and dad.
Ready to go swimming
What is taking so long?
I'm going to have to have a meltdown on the floor. I like to have a full out kicking meltdown on the floor now and then.
At the beach finally, but have to sit on a towel so my feet don't touch the sand. I filled a whole bucket of sand with my shovel.
I finally got used to standing in the sand and had lots of fun playing in it.
Wyatt and me feeding the fish again. We both like to show you our fish mouths.
Here's a closer look at the fish. They were huge!
Playing in the water again.
I finally got used to walking on the grass.
Looking for more birds.
Taking a break from bird watching.
My mom and dad took me out to a special dinner on our last night. I was very well behaved and loved my second grilled cheese.
Ready to get on the ferry and start our long trip home. Mom and Dad, why did you bring so much stuff?
I'm 14 months old now. I took my first trip to Hawaii with my friend Wyatt. It was a long plane ride, but I was pretty well behaved. I read lots of books and walked up and down the aisles waving to everyone and saying hi. I also pooped all over my dad. Luckily he was smart enough to have some extra clothes with him. My smell got some bad looks from the other passengers, but I warmed them up with a few waves. I learned so much in Hawaii. I've been reading about birds, fish, bees, frogs but I didn't know they existed in real life until I finally saw them! I learned how to say Ocean, Pool, Bird, Doodie, TeeTee (Trina), all the parts of my face, my toes and my fingers. I loved swimming more than anything. I loved dipping my face in, floating on my back, and standing on the side to do a little dance before jumping in. I was a total priss about my feet touching the grass or sand. Eventually I liked walking in it. Oh, yah, I'm officially walking all over the place now. It took me a few weeks to decide walking was better than crawling. I liked to wake up really early in Hawaii, sometime between 3 am and 5 am so that I could be sure to see the sunrise. By 7:30, I was ready for a nap. I loved looking for birds with Doodie and riding in the golf cart to lunch with Trina. I was happy to spend a whole week with my mom and dad too. I'm learning so much every day, you'd be amazed.
































































No comments:
Post a Comment