Monday, August 23, 2010

8 Months Old

I chew my puffs very carefully.

I'm really into puffs and other finger foods. Whatever I don't like, I just give to Bernie.  He likes everything.

It's so fun to be mischievous. That's why Bernie and I are such good friends.

When nobody's looking I make a beeline for Bernie's water bowl. It is my favorite thing to do, but I have to be fast because I always get yanked away just as I'm getting ready to splash. 

I like to see what's in this drawer. Bernie pretends he doesn't see what I'm doing. 

My mom has to give me projects in the kitchen to keep me occupied or else I'm off to Bernie's water bowl. 

 I had my catholic baptism on August 28.  I was such a good girl during the ceremony. My favorite part was sticking my whole arm into the pitcher of holy water and giving it a good splash.  I had a few things to say during the ceremony too.

Here I am with my godparents Aunt Carron and Uncle Matt after my baptism.  

Wyatt and I are such good friends. 

Wyatt came over for my baptism. I was really happy to have him there so we could play.

Wyatt and I banged on the door so Bernie would talk to us. 

I think that is the best thing I have ever tasted. My mom probably won't let me have anything that good for a long time. 
Aunt Carron gave me a taste of her chocolate ice cream cone.
 

And here we are with my granddad, grammie, Uncle Jamey and Aunt Julie, Uncle Stephen and Aunt Meghan, Aunt Lib and Aunt Em or Jun as we like to call her. We missed you Harts and Carrolls - glad I got to play with a few of you.

This is my mom and dad and me having a very fun vacation.

And it got even more fun when cousin Crilly arrived. They played from morning till night every day.

Bernie had the time of his life in Munising. He wasn't much of a swimmer, but he sure did like exploring. He got so excited, he would run to the end of the path full blast and do a few twirls.

Aunt Jun tells me lots of funny things.

Grammie and me relaxing on the deck before dinner

Uncle Jamey and me in our warm clothes on the beach. Whew its bright out here.

they tried to make me go in my tent and take a nap, but I like to keep an eye on the action. I don't like to miss anything.

this is my fam hanging out on the beach.

enough pictures, let me swim!

Mom and dad wanted to take a picture with me. I thought i should have another beer.

Uncle Stephen tried to teach me the costa rican crab. he was pretty funny.

Back to the water.

I love swimming!

And crawl into the water.

All I wanted to do was walk on the beach

Aunt Julie saved me from my nap and played on the beach with me.

Waiting for Grammie's blueberry pancakes in the cabin.

Reading some stories with Gram.

Aunt Libby and I loved to watch the fire.

Aunt Lib taught me how to climb up on the top bunk and look over the wall in the cabin. I think I'll be doing this a lot when I get a little bigger.

Uncle Stephen was nice enough to help me walk on the beach. I wanted to do this quite a bit.

I hadn't seen Grammie or Aunt Lib all summer. I missed them a lot.

Grammie and I had lots of fun playing with the wooden ducks hanging on the ceiling.

We saw a double rainbow way across the sky. what does it mean?

Grammie figured out a good way for me to sit with her and still be able to dip my toes in the sand.

Aunt Meghan spent lots of time swimming with me. I had so much fun.

I can't stay away from the water. That's the good thing about crawling - I can go where I want.

I might be a baby sea turtle.

We went to see if Miner's Castle had fallen down, but it was still there.

Went on my first boat ride in my cruising glasses. Don't even think about putting that life jacket on me.

Life doesn't get better than this.

Muncle Bill, Dad and I took a nice long float on the double raft. I sat in the cup holder.

I loved crawling in the water and swimming with Dad

Hey what's going on up here?



Where ever there's an Aunt Diane, there's a Brody. That's two good reasons to find one of them.

I had to check out this Muncle Bill guy, but it turns out he is pretty funny.

Bernie spent every morning on the beach. we could hardly get him to come inside.

Bernie wanted to tell Aunt Lib Happy Birthday.

Just having an afternoon chat with Gram and Aunt Jackie on the porch.

Wow, the real thing is way more fun!

Having a dry run in my duck pool before we go to the beach.

I had lots of fun with cousin Amy and her friends. They are all going to college this fall.

Having a morning chat with Gram

I much prefer to stand up and see what everyone is doing up here.

I untied Gram's shoes many times and it kept me occupied for quite a while.

Gram has lots of fun games to play with me, especially on her shoes.

This is the view from the cabin.

Gram, my mom and Aunt Margaret were trying to take a picture with me. I thought I should have some beer.

I giggle really hard when my dad swings me in the air

I see something that needs to be investigated

I loved meeting cousin Katie!

Bernie and I like to sit under the table at dinner time.

Aunt Sarah gave me something much more exciting to do than watch everyone eat dinner - bang spoons!

I'm 8 months old now. I've been very busy on vacation in Michigan. I'm crawling all over the place, pulling up on everything, and stirring up mischief whenever I can. I love to give big open mouth kisses whenever my mom or dad say 'kiss kate?'. I like to tease Bernie and my dad by giving them my toys and then taking them away and laughing hysterically. I love swimming - even in the cold Lake Superior water.

No comments:

Post a Comment