We get put to work around here
Dorothy and me working hard at the dishes
Don't feel too bad for me, I pretend I'm working hard...
but i really just like to play in the water...
for hours if I could.
We love to make breakfast in the mornings in our new playhouse.
Lunchtime with cousin Robbie!
Kate getting a big haircut
Easter tradition in Kansas City
Kate worked very hard on her egg dying
Then she got to paint eggs
Kate and I love to go shopping at Trader Joes.
Getting a quick read in. I love The Very Busy Spider.
Kate did some more egg dying
We love to walk around the block, but we are easily distracted.
Christian came over to give Kate a spin in the mini.
Kate may drop out of montessori for beauty school. This is the manicure she gave mom, all while pretending to be "Jimmy". Don't ask questions. She's wearing a mask and can't answer.
Special afterschool lunch and flower arranging with Mimi
Here we are with Heather - she's helped us grow a lot!
The Easter bunny came!
Easter brunch
It took me a little while to figure out what we were supposed to do at the egg hunt
but I ended up winning.
Really, pictures? I have eggs to find.
Mmmm...these eggs have treats in them.
I'm focused
Happy Easter with our bunnies
strategy session
Once I found the really good stuff, I kept sneaking in for treats.
Coloring our easter pictures
Mimi and Robbie scouting for eggs.
Dix family Easter
I had to show Grandaddy where a few of the eggs are
Working hard with our window stickers
We discovered a new game on the hot tub cover. I thought it was hilarious.
Happy Easter cousin Max! He loved the beef tenderloin.
Kate is working on her grand jeters at ballet class. I am very good at watching.
Wendy loves to take bathroom breaks outside.
Breakfast with my big sis
Kate and her best little buddy Wy
Picnic dinner
We have tea parties often. As long as there are raisins, bananas, yogurt or waffles, I'm in.
Wendy selected her tea party outfit.
Being invited to have tea by her classmate
Spring Tea at school
I discovered gardening and I love it. Well digging anyway.
Breakfast date with mom at Coffee Girls
Kate and I moved our storytime outside.
snacktime
please mom?
We do a lot of cooking and ice cream making
We were all distraught that Jamey and Julie had to go back to Chicago, but very happy that we are going to have another cousin!!
Back to work, Cinderella.
We are 3 years and 16 months. I am obsessed with basketball. Everywhere we go, I make sure everyone sees every basketball hoop "ball" "ball" "ball". I am quite a talker and I'm working very hard on getting everyone to understand me. I don't know what's wrong with them. I love to read books. My favorites are Goodnight Sleepyhead, The Very Busy Spider, Goodnight Moon, Little Blue Truck, Tails, and Moo. One of my favorite things is to be chased. I'm really fast now. I was a good eater, but I have decided that I don't need to eat that much. You can always sell me on raisins, bananas, or yogurt. I love to work - sweeping, washing dishes, stacking bowls, putting dishes away, clearing my dishes. There is certainly an element of fun in every job that must be done. Mary Poppins is quite an influence on my life at the moment. Kate or "Jane", rather, calls me Michael Banks at nearly all times. I don't mind. I love playing with her so she can call me whatever she wants. I just don't like it when she takes things out of my hands. Then I bite her.
Jane is very busy working hard at school. She has been practicing her tea etiquette for her Spring Tea at school. I have to sit through a lot of tea parties. Jane is quite an actress. We spend most of our time as Jane and Michael Banks. Her impersonations of Mrs. Smith, Jimmy the nail technician, and other influences in her life are part of everyday personality. She loves to draw and do any kind of art, dress up, choose her outfits, and ride her scooter. She has so much to say and i love to listen to her talk. She makes me laugh so hard. I love her.













No comments:
Post a Comment