Thursday, March 24, 2011

15 Months Old


Well, I've been very busy since I discovered gardening. 
Bernie says digging is best when you get dirt all over you.
 Hauling sticks - or maybe one piece of mulch at a time - for spring clean-up
 Stopping to smell the flowers
 Admiring my work.
 This piece of mud is for dada, and the next piece of mud is for mama.
 I practice my balance beam skills on the brick wall.
 Bernie is supervising my digging. He can dig way bigger holes than me.
 Taking a break to give Bernie a kiss. 
 More mud for dada. DADA, DADA, DADA
 I also discovered peanut butter Lara Bars. Tasty!
 Having a working lunch. 
 Hewo? Dada?
You don't say. 
I am 15 months old now. I have spent much of my 15th month letting everyone know whose things are whose.  I see ND cups and say "dada", a regular glass "mama", sippy cup "deet".  The remote control "dada", the couch "dada".  I'm also very confused about why dada goes missing sometimes. Mama says he went on a trip to work, but I still look for him everywhere - in his bed, in the office, I yell downstairs - and talk about him all day long.   I'm working on my manners, signing please and thank you. I also had to have my first time out. My mom told me to please not give me dinner to Bernie, but I looked her straight in the eye and dropped my food on the floor. She didn't like that.  I love to be outside - gardening, playing at the park, looking for squirrels. I'm developing my artistic and writing skills. I love helping my mom work. I think I've written on all of her papers.  I have lots to say these days. I try to jump into the adult conversations by repeating the words they say that I know.  I'm always busy.

1 comment:

  1. Carolyn, this is so stinkin' cute! Your little girl is so precious. Bernie has gotten so big, and he seems to do so well with her. That's amazing!

    ReplyDelete